Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 11: Rejuvenation

Day 11: 74-ish kg

Ok last week. Yeah. That long, lazy week where nothing in particular happened. Oops.

So lets say, I've been rejuvenated. A lot of people have been admitting to reading the blog, and being very encouraging of this whole endeavour. So gotta keep trucking on!

The past week has kinda just been a mixture of really bad eating (Maccas after choir on Tuesday night...), no exercise, and general laziness. Even the general push-ups in the morning and night. Lame.

Ok so this is going to start again! I am energised (sort of) and am ready for action!

Today was right back on track. I had muesli for breakfast, gotta love those healthy carbs! I did however get a ride into Uni, no exercise there, and I guess the karma in that was that a couple of hours into my day I realised I had left my wallet, phone and keys all at home! Luckily my flatmate Nick was home and lent me his keys. Whew! It meant that I had to walk home too, so fantastic!

Before that tho, I had a unbelievable time at the Town Hall watching the dress rehearsal of Elektra with an amazing Elizabeth Connell. Mind-blowing! And so inspirational. Actually more depressing, like I'd never be able to sing like that... ah digression.

So for lunch, shouted by good friend and running-pal Andrew, was a nutritional pita from my new favourite store Pita Pit. You can get lite mayo, lite aioli, and even wholemeal pitas! It's amazing. Like Subway, you can choose your own fillings, and of course I went cheese free, roast beef with a fuckload of salad. Delicioso!

After that, against my lazy-bones wishes, we went for a run. The first one all week! Tsk tsk. We continued on with week 3, having to painfully stop and regain my breath at one point, but we got through all the running parts! Good work, team.

Dinner consisted of a couple of left-overs from our past couple of nights. Roast lamb with carrots and kumara, and hawaiian fried rice (made by yours truly!). Weird mix, but it had to be done, and it was good (Sorry for plagiarising you, God). I shall post this amazing fried rice recipe sometime, when I feel like typing isn't such a mission.

So I promise to do some pushups tonight when I go to sleep! I have decided to write up my eating habits at night now, just because I can't always remember the night before. Ily, byo.

Yay! Back on track! I feel healthier already.

xoxo Jeffrey

1 comment: