Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 13: The Perils of Brunch

Day 13: 73.9kg

Today, being Saturday, is always slightly odd in terms of daily routine. I did however still manage to pull together 10 push-ups and the hold as per usual. The breakfast thing was a bit different however. We had decided to resume our 'Saturday Flat Brunch' at our local hangout Teed St Larder (Not the greatest name if you ask me!), but since that was at 12, I had half a grapefruit to satisfy le stomach until then (Julia, I've forgotten all my French!!).

Today I opted for the bacon and eggs. Now before you say "tsk tsk Jeffrey", bacon is protein and eggs (free range, I might add), are always a good source of sunshine and happiness, so take that. Soy flat white to mix it all together, and that was breakfast and lunch, sorted! Love brunch. Unfortunately as we were paying, a fresh batch of delicious churros came out of the bakery... God help me!! I couldn't resist the sugary deep-fried-ness...

I couldn't go for a run either, the weather was too bad. I know, I know, the excuses seem to flow like the fat that will pour out my stomach when you poke me with a needle, but it's true! Not going to run in the rain. I did however, manage to pull out the Wii Fit board and spent a good 20 minutes doing yoga and more pressups and jack-knives. So all good in the hood!

Dinner was a bit more complicated. We had a really awesome concert of Arvo Pärt choral pieces, and after that went to my new favourite hang-out, the Elliot Stables on Elliot St. I should be writing for a magazine or something! Anyways dinner was a hearty Spaghetti Bolognese. I could've had a calamari salad, but sometimes carbs are good! And a non-cream based sauce is better too! Just remember that next time you order ;)

Yes, mother, will be doing pressups before I go to bed.

xoxo Jeffrey

1 comment: