Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 14: Chocoholic

Day 14: 73.7 kg

Well, the last two days seem to have been quite a success in terms of healthy eating and exercise- I've started to lose weight again!

Sunday morning was church, so no food for breakfast, made up for a caramel and lemon slice... I know, but it was Sunday! The day for guilt-free... my knowledge of my religion is supremely warped. Lunch consisted of a great salad from Tank Juice. And an expensive and horrid tasting Acai berry smoothie. Tasted like plastic! This stuff is supposed to be nature's superfood blah blah, so I guess it was fair for it to taste like crap. Maybe that's why I lost that weight...

I resisted temptation that afternoon too by not having a slice of banana cake. Just putting that out there for the world.

The afternoon's exercise consisted of the Wii Fit, since the weather was tres mal. Twenty minutes later, I was exhausted, but feeling great nonetheless. Dinner was brought to you by the letter R, making a hearty Shepherd's Pie with Pom poms, and dessert was just as healthy: Plums in Yoghurt. Muy bien! Man, am I a linguist or what today!

Today started off with a fresh bowl of muesli, made by yours truly (for the first time, finally!!), with a bit of yoghurt, it was a fantastic start to the day. I went to the Big Sing Finale opening on Queen St, and ended up going to Maccas for lunch... Uh oh. The $5 meals are just far too tempting! So a McChicken and small fries it was. I have to say that it wasn't as bad as I thought, not to be had everyday for sure, but not as grease filled as McDonalds usually is.

After voice class, in which the (soon to be) great Pene Pati sang two arias before he leaves to compete in Australia, my friends and I went to the nearest Uni cafe to enjoy a glass of red. Smartly I did not buy any food, and because I was to meet up with A for a run, in my flushed state decided to walk home. The downside was that the run was a fail, but the upside being that the Wii Fit had another outing and I got a rather extensive whole body workout done instead! That damn thing keeps saying 'Imagine your ideal body as you do this exercise'. Well, it's pretty darn hard when I'm wobbling all over the place whilst attempting to do the tree!!

Now here's a great tip for all you pasta lovers! If you like Chicken Cabonara, which is what was for dinner tonight, there is a way to do it guilt free! Use the good ol' Evaporated Milk, or fondly named 'Evap' in our flat (not really), you can cut down on a lot of the fat which cream has. Tastes just as good, if not better!

Well, thats enough ranting for one day. Oh wait! The reason for the title of this post! I've been stuffing my face with chocolate, basically. There's a bag of after-dinner mints sitting on the counter top, and I've been kind of helping myself to them... and also German Kinder Riegel... mmmm

I will attempt to restrain myself in the future. Don't bet on it.

xoxo Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment